- Department of Hydraulics
- Department of Hydrogeology and Groundwater
- Department of Hydraulic Reclamation
- Department of Erosion and Torrent Control
- Department of River Engineering
- Department of Water Supply, Sewerage, and Water Protection
- Department of Dams, Hydropower, Mines, and Roads
- Department of Scientific Research and Information Technology
- Current Activities
- Transition Countries and Water as a Factor of Stability
- IWA Specialist Belgrade Groundwater Conference 2016
- Milankovitch Anniversary UNESCO Symposium
- Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources
- Emerging Pollutants in Water
- IWA Specialist Groundwater Conference 2011
- YWP Conference 2010
- Groundwater Management Belgrade 2007
- International Projects
- Group for Numerical Analysis
- Hydro Engineering History Forum
- Hydro Engineering Areas
- Significant Serbian Hydrotechnic Engineers
- Significant Hydrotechnical Objects
- Hydrotechnical Archive
- Education and Training
|Department of Hydraulic Reclamation: Managing Director|
Mile Božić, MSc, CE
Mr. Mile M. Božić was born on 7 September 1956 in Pančevo, Serbia.
He graduated from the University of Belgrade, School of Civil Engineering/Hydraulic Engineering Department in 1981, and then obtained his master’s degree in 2010, when he presented his thesis: “Groundwater Regime Management in Agricultural Areas”.
After completing his undergraduate studies, Mr. Božić began his career at JCI, where he continues to work today. From 1981 to 1994, he was Researcher, Senior Researcher and Lead Researcher, primarily in the area of irrigation and drainage. As researcher, project manager, supervisor, and consultant, he took part in all major studies and projects having to do with construction and operational management of hydraulic reclamation systems in Serbia. He also managed and headed up teams working on numerous studies and planning documents addressing sustainable water resources and environmental management.
As of 1994, Mr. Božić has held the post of Managing Director of JCI’s Department of Hydraulic Reclamation.
Mr. Božić has authored and co-authored more than 40 scientific and technical papers which have been published in domestic and international journals and presented at major conferences. He is a member of the Yugoslav Irrigation and Drainage Society (JDON), the Association of Agricultural Engineers, and the Serbian Chamber of Engineers. Mr. Božić holds a Chief Design Engineer’s License (no. 314 373803), and a Principal Contractor’s License (no. 414 323403), both for hydraulic structures and water supply and wastewater disposal installations.
Areas of Expertise: Engineering of irrigation and drainage systems; hydraulic reclamation system management, monitoring and efficiency assessment; and water resources, soil and sediment planning and management aimed at sustainable development and use of water and environmental resources.