- Department of Hydraulics
- Department of Hydrogeology and Groundwater
- Department of Hydraulic Reclamation
- Department of Erosion and Torrent Control
- Department of River Engineering
- Department of Water Supply, Sewerage, and Water Protection
- Department of Dams, Hydropower, Mines, and Roads
- Department of Scientific Research and Information Technology
- Current Activities
- Transition Countries and Water as a Factor of Stability
- IWA Specialist Belgrade Groundwater Conference 2016
- Milankovitch Anniversary UNESCO Symposium
- Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources
- Emerging Pollutants in Water
- IWA Specialist Groundwater Conference 2011
- YWP Conference 2010
- Groundwater Management Belgrade 2007
- International Projects
- Group for Numerical Analysis
- Hydro Engineering History Forum
- Hydro Engineering Areas
- Significant Serbian Hydrotechnic Engineers
- Significant Hydrotechnical Objects
- Hydrotechnical Archive
- Education and Training
|Department of River Engineering: Managing Director|
Doc. Dr. Marina Babić Mladenović, Civil Engineer
Doc. Dr. Marina Babić Mladenović was born in Belgrade in 1957.
She graduated from the University of Belgrade, School of Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Department in 1981. She also received her master's degree in 1991 and her PhD in 2006 from the University of Belgrade, School of Civil Engineering. The title of her master’s thesis was "Development of a Natural-Watercourse Pollutant Transport Mathematical Modeling Method, Including Examples of Practical Application", and that of her doctoral thesis „Effect of Reservoirs on Alluvial Watercourse Sediment Regimes: Case Study of the Iron Gate Reservoir“.
At JCI, she advanced from Research Assistant (1981), to Senior Researcher (1989), to Head of the Hydraulics and Transport Processes Section of the Department of River Engineering (1994). As of 2002, she has been the Managing Director of this Department.
Dr. Mladenović took part in or headed up a large number of projects and research studies in river engineering. She has published nearly 100 papers on hydrology; water system management; river hydraulics; pollutant, sediment and ice transport in natural watercourses; flood protection; and water management.
Dr. Mladenović has been involved in many international scientific and research projects and has also managed a number of important research projects within the country. She was granted the academic title of Research Associate in 2007. In 2010, Dr. Mladenović was appointed Docent in River Training at the School of Architecture and Civil Engineering, University of Banja Luka, Republika Srpska.
As an expert representative of Serbia, she takes part in the work of international forums, and multilateral and bilateral commissions. She is an appointed member of the Flood Protection Expert Group (FP EG) and the Hydromorphology Task Group (HYMO TG) at the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River, and a member of the Permanent Expert Group for Flood Protection (PEG FP) at the International Sava River Basin Commission. She has been a member of the Joint Serbian-Romanian Iron Gate Commission since 2009.