Payday Loans
FAQ History What is the Institute’s background?
What is the Institute’s background? PDF Print E-mail

The origins of the Jaroslav Černi Institute for the Development of Water Resources (JCI) date back to 1947, when the Ministry of Electric Power of the then Federal People’s Republic of Yugoslavia set up a research organization called the «Hydraulics Laboratory». The Laboratory later merged with the Hydropower Group of the Electric Power Institute, and the Concrete Group and Hydraulic Pressure Tunnels Group of Hidroelektroprojekt (a federal enterprise whose mission was to design hydroelectric power plants and conduct related research and investigations), becoming the Institute of Hydropower. In 1953, the Institute merged with the Hydraulic Engineering Institute of the Serbian Academy of Arts and Sciences, and this new organization became the Jaroslav Černi Hydraulic Engineering Institute.

In 1959, the newly-formed Institute merged with the Water Institute of Serbia, to become today's Jaroslav Černi Institute for the Development of Water Resources. During its first decade of operation, JCI underwent frequent transformations and re-organizations, a necessary consequence of turbulent post-WWII socio-economic development of the Federal People’s Republic of Yugoslavia. Nevertheless, JCI’s core activities did not alter during this period, but rather expanded gradually, encompassing all segments of hydraulic engineering and water management. JCI became a research organization performing a broad range of activities in the water sector, with exceptional human resource and enormous scientific and professional potential.

From its very founding in 1947, the Hydraulics Laboratory, built near Mt. Avala (JCI’s current location), enjoyed excellent visibility. At one time, it was known as the «Avala Laboratory». This name was adopted by many foreign visitors, particularly from France, who dubbed it «Laboratoire d'Avala».

 

 
RocketTheme Joomla Templates