- Department of Hydraulics
- Department of Hydrogeology and Groundwater
- Department of Hydraulic Reclamation
- Department of Erosion and Torrent Control
- Department of River Engineering
- Department of Water Supply, Sewerage, and Water Protection
- Department of Dams, Hydropower, Mines, and Roads
- Department of Scientific Research and Information Technology
- Current Activities
- Transition Countries and Water as a Factor of Stability
- IWA Specialist Belgrade Groundwater Conference 2016
- Milankovitch Anniversary UNESCO Symposium
- Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources
- Emerging Pollutants in Water
- IWA Specialist Groundwater Conference 2011
- YWP Conference 2010
- Groundwater Management Belgrade 2007
- International Projects
- Group for Numerical Analysis
- Hydro Engineering History Forum
- Hydro Engineering Areas
- Significant Serbian Hydrotechnic Engineers
- Significant Hydrotechnical Objects
- Hydrotechnical Archive
- Education and Training
|DRINKADRIA - the First National Workshop in Serbia Held in Belgrade|
The First National Workshop, organised by the ˝Jaroslav Černi˝ Institute for Development of Water Resources was held, as a part of the DRINKADRIA Project capitalization activities , on April 9 2014 in Belgrade, at the ˝Milutin Milanković˝ Association.
˝Jaroslav Černi˝ Institute is the leading partner for the Work Package 3 (WP3 - Capitalisation and Sustainability), and also participates in other activities within the DRINKADRIA Project.
Expectations are that the implementation of the DRINKADRIA Project will contribute to the development of a regional platform for connecting professionals in the field of water supply, as well as for improving the quality of water and life in the entire region of the Adriatic Basin. The ultimate target group is the population of countries in the region covered by the Project and, to this end, as part of the WP3 package, plans for organising 3 National Workshops have been made.
The goals of the First National Workshop were the exchange of experiences and advancement of knowledge in the field of water supply systems efficiency advance in Serbia, as well as the presentation of the Projects and its activities, which are being implemented in the selected pilot area of the town of Nikšić’s waterworks, where the ˝Jaroslav Černi˝ Institute is a consultant.
The Workshop was attended by the 59 stakeholders, including water supply experts from 9 Serbian public water utilities (PUC), i.e., PUC ˝Belgrade Waterworks and Sewerage˝, PUC ˝Valjevo Waterworks˝, PUC ˝Požarevac Waterworks and Sewerage˝, PUC ˝Miloš Mitrović – Velika Plana˝, PUC ˝Inđija Waterworks and Sewerage˝, PUC ˝Kruševac Waterworks˝, PUC ˝Čačak Waterworks˝, PUC ˝Loznica Waterworks˝ and one regional water supply system company ˝Rzav˝. In addition to before mentioned practitioners the representatives from reaserch and scientific organizations (˝Jaroslav Černi˝ Institute for Development of Water Resources, University of Belgrade’s Faculty of Civil Engineering), as well as representatives from expert organisations (Waterworks and Sewerage Association of Serbia, ˝Milutin Milanković˝ Association), state insitutions (Water Directorate - Serbian Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management, Ministry of Energy, Development and Environmental Protection, Serbian government’s European Integration Office), as well as representatives of the Municipal Infrastructure Support Programme (MISP), and representative of DRINKADRIA Project partner from Monetengro actively participated at the workshop.
Workshop participants exchanged experiences and shared their observations regarding the most common problems faced by local and regional waterworks in Serbia. The discussion highlighted the need for a gradual, permanent increase of efficiency of water supply systems management in a sustainable manner.